What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information from you when you do one of the following on our website:
- Make a donation;
- Submit a contact form;
- Subscribe to our newsletter;
The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- And any other personal information that we collect with your consent or as we are required or permitted to collect by law.
What do we use your personal information for?
Any of the personal information we collect from you may be used for one of the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience (your personal information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To process transactions, including donations
- To send periodic emails (if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include the option to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email);
- To meet our legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements;
- And otherwise, with your consent or as we are required or permitted by law.
Do we disclose your personal information to outside parties?
We take reasonable contractual or other measures to ensure that these parties agree to keep your personal information confidential and to comply with applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
We may disclose your personal information when we believe disclosure is required to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We may disclose aggregate, non-personally identifiable information to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take reasonable security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information in our custody and control. These measures include using physical, electronic and organizational/procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. This includes safeguards to protect against loss, theft, unauthorized access, use, disclosure, copying or modification.
Credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to our payment gateway provider and is not retained by Inclusion NB.
Authorized employees, third party service providers, agents and mandataries of Inclusion NB who require access to your personal information to fulfill the purpose for which the information was collected will have access to your personal information.
Yes, we do. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can become a member or make a donation over the telephone.
We generally collect, use or disclose your personal information with consent or as we are required or allowed to do by law, for example to comply with a court order or a statute or regulation or to collect a debt owed to us.
Your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information may be implied or expressed. For example, you may expressly agree to certain types of collection, use or disclosure by electronically clicking a button when the purpose of the collection, use or disclosure is described at the time of collection. You may implicitly consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information when you provide that information in order to receive a requested service or product.
Access and Correction
Last updated: November 16, 2023